– a new novel to answer the most dogged questions of the age –
- What do we give away when we click “I AGREE” to the terms of service on our phones?
- Why are the billionaires desperately squirrelling away all that money?
- Why do old photographs and songs hint at a history we can’t remember?
- Why do professional sports teams need new stadiums so often?
- And why is everyone so depressed?
These are just a few mysteries that Ms. Never – a new novel by Colin Dodds – takes on (and possibly answers) in startling fashion.
Farya Navurian seems like an ordinary young woman trying to get ahead in the city while struggling with depression. But her depression is anything but ordinary – it has the power to destroy time and space. Growing up the moody daughter of a space-faring hero of The Greater Anointed Imperial Ohioan Commonwealth, Farya annihilated most of that world and its history, leaving behind the husk-like Buckeye State.
One day at a record swap, she meets Bryan, a divorced telecom CEO. More than record collecting, what they share is that they each carry a howling secret. Bryan’s business is a cover for a bigger operation that buys human souls and sells luxury afterlives using shady terms of service in mobile-phone contracts.
The two of them fall in love, and as they start a life together, their secrets back them into a corner where they have to come clean – and take drastic steps – to save themselves, and possibly reality itself.
Ms. Never is a distinctly 21st-century vision of consent, memory, and the ways we create and destroy the world every day.
By Colin Dodds
470 Pages, 5X8
Also available as an ebook and an audiobook
Science Fiction, Literary Fiction
Publication Date: November 1, 2019